Monday, January 28, 2019

Review - Bloodsucking Fiends: A Love Story (Christopher Moore)

Another hilarious book by Moore. I enjoyed this one so much I intend to read the other two in the trilogy once I've burned through my actual reading list for this year.

Jody and Tommy are a hilarious couple with an unlikely yet semi-plausible (in that really stretch your imagination way) bond. As Jody's life is flipped upside down when she becomes a vampire (and Tommy clearly indulges his morbid curiosity by befriending her), I found myself unable to stop chuckling or put the book down.

Quite frankly, this would have been a way better young adult dabbling in the mysterious world of vampires movie series than that other, oh-so-popular with the sparkly bloodsuckers. I won't spoil the surprise - but definitely pick this up and relax with a fun, witty love story and hint of taking down the bad guy.

Solid 4 stars on this one.

Happy Reading!
--Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment