Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Fifth Week of Reading - Reflections

My fifth week of reading took me through two wonderful books:
  • Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
  • Tell the Wolves I'm Home
Moore continues to impress me with his writing style - poignant and funny, I think I will continue to read his works long after I've finished those that are in my 2019 reading list. It would have certainly made Sunday school more entertaining and interesting if Lamb were included in the Bible. Wolves was a very intense read. I was unable to sleep on my flight to Chicago so spent the flight reading. I cried a lot as I experienced wave after wave of emotion. Really a fantastically well-written book, and I'm so glad I read it when I did.

I also discovered my first book that I'm struggling with - Outlanders. I know there are a lot of people who simply love the series (written and shows), but at 30pgs in I'm not sure how on earth to see my way through the remaining 820 pages. At the sage advice from my best friend, I'm setting this one aside for now and will try again in a couple months.

More reading to come - not sure what this week will hold for me!

Happy Reading.
--Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment