Thursday, January 3, 2019

2019 Book List

The year 2018 marked a stark increase in the number of books that I read just for me. More than half were non-fiction. For 2019, eager to try something new, I challenged myself to read one book per week consisting of primarily fiction. 

I posted to Facebook and asked my community to share their favorite books, authors, series, etc. with me to consider. Based on the recommendations from people, I had over 100 book recommendations in about 12 hours. I consolidated the recommendations based on overlap between folks and my own curiosity. 

Here is the list of books I've committed to for 2019. As I finish each book, I will post my thoughts here and review via Goodreads. Out of the 52 books, only 4 of them are non-fiction. A significant improvement! :-)

(Note: I am not being incentivized for any of my reviews. They are purely to share with my network/community my thoughts as I read many books outside of my normal). 

First book that I started on 1/1/2019: The Inheritance of Loss by Kiran Desai. I also started Ho'oponopono (To make rightly right) on 1/2/2019. 

Happy Reading!
Jennifer

*******************************************************************
(In no particular order)

1. Ho’oponopono – Ulrich E. Dupree
2. The Inheritance of Loss – Kiran Desai
3. Hum If You Don’t Know the Words – Bianca Marals
4. Magic Bites – Ilona Andrews
5. Troubled Waters – Sharon Shinn
6. The Name of the Wind – Patrick Rothfuss
7. The Phoenix Guard – Steven Brust
8. Bloodsucking Fiends: A Love Story – Christopher Moore
9. Lamb, the Gospel According to Biff, Christ’s Childhood Pal – Christopher Moore
10. The Kill Artist – Dan Silva
11. The Four Noble Truths – Lama Zopa Rinpoche
12. Evolve Your Brain – Joe Dispenza
13. The Terrans – Jean Johnson
14. Snow Crash – Neal Stephenson
15. Existence – David Brin
16. Record of a Spaceborn Few – Becky Chambers
17. Everything I Never Told You – Celeste Ng
18. Empire – Orson Scott Card
19. The Strange Case of the Alchemist’s Daughter – Theodora Goss
20. European Travel for the Monstrous Gentlewoman – Theodore Goss
21. The Memory of You – Jamie Beck
22. Wear Your Dreams – My Life in Tattoos – Ed Hardy
23. Seveneves – Neal Stephenson
24. The Handmaid’s Tale – Margaret Atwood
25. Children of Time – Adrian Tchaikovsky
26. Tell the Wolves I’m Home – Carol Rifka Brunt
27. Storm Front – Jim Butcher
28. Outlander – Diana Gabaldon
29. The Thief – Megan Whalen Turner
30. Homeland – R.A. Salvatore
31. The Templar Legacy – Steve Berry
32. Game of Thrones – A Song of Ice and Fire – George R.R. Martin
33. To Kill a Mockingbird – Harper Lee
34. Wizard’s First Rule – Terry Goodkind
35. Bleu – Christopher Moore
36. Wool – Hugh Howey
37. Proper Gauge – Hugh Howey
38. Casting Off – Hugh Howey
39. Mistborn: The Final Empire – Brandon Sanderson
40. The Thirteenth Tale – Diane Setterfield
41. Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell – Susana Clarke
42. City of Stairs – Robert Jackson Bennett
43. Ancillary Mercy – Ann Leckie
44. Sorcerer to the Crown – Zen Cho
45. A Little Love Song – Michelle Magorian
46. Zero Sum Game – S.L. Huang
47. Ender’s Game – Orson Scott Card
48. The Rainy City – Earl Emerson
49. Black Hearts & Slow Dancing – Earl Emerson
50. The Mark of the Assassin – Dan Silva
51. Until Proven Guilty – J.A. Jance
52. Practical Demonkeeping – Christopher Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment