Friday, January 25, 2019

Review - Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself (Dr. Joe Dispenza)

5 star rating all the way.

Dispenza's books should be part of every therapists' library as a means of truly helping people heal and change their lives.

Do you think it is possible to gain the same results from mentally practicing something as you do from physically practicing it? Do you ever wonder why everything is great one minute and then the next you are in a seeming tizzy from "out of nowhere"? Do you understand energy, matter, and how atoms actually behave, or do you subscribe to Newtonian laws of physics? Did you know that the Chakra alignment isn't just mumbo jumbo - all 7 chakras align to the hormone centers of the body?

It is no secret that 95% of the operating elements of our brain take place without our conscious awareness. When you are "multitasking" - say, with preparing a several course meal where things are simultaneously cooking at the same time with different "finish" times - you invoke the muscle memory of how to stir x or how to whisk y or or or. And the 5% that you are consciously aware of involves the specific attention on whatever is in front of you right at that moment.

So if 95% of our realities are taking place without our conscious recognition, does that mean we are aren't even awake?

Learning makes synaptic connections while instructions gets the body connected to the experience, enriching the brain. When feelings become how we think all the time, and we can't think beyond whatever we are feeling, then we can't change. To change is to think greater than how we feel - and to act greater than those familiar feelings of the memorized self. Change is impossible in a predictable future.

*********************************

I'm going to stop there and get personal for a minute. (This is your cue to stop reading if you don't want that level of insight). I grew up in an environment where nothing was enough - i wasn't good enough or smart enough or liked enough or pretty enough or really anything enough. I allowed behavior to shape my reality well into adulthood - believing that I deserved the physical negative things taking place in my life, that somehow everything was my fault. Both my body and my mind were used to feeling this way - and I behaved accordingly.

As I sought to break free of that narrative there were some months where I felt completely different than I ever had before. But 2 or 3 months of intentionally making different choices and decisions and reclaim my life was battling 35+ years of programming - and I faltered. I hurt people I love, I fell back into that narrative, and I knew I had to make some radical changes to heal myself and break those patterns for good.

Enter radical changes and Jennifer 3.0. 

At the tail end of 2018 I read 20+ books related to anxiety, brain chemistry, emotional baggage, healthy relationships, and spirituality of the "new age" variety. I resonated with some concepts and rejected others, diving deep into things that reverberated through every fiber within me. I have learned to forgive myself, and to future trip in the most positive, wonderful ways possible. While I know each day is a new opportunity to make new wiring connections between my mind and my body, I welcome each day in a way that is wonderful and feels fundamentally different than anything I've ever experienced.

You can totally teach an old dog new tricks - and your mind can definitely overcome matter.

Happy Reading!
--Jennifer



No comments:

Post a Comment