Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Review - Magic Bites (Ilona Andrews)

It is no secret that I am not a fan of the Twlight series. Sure I read all of the books, and sure I binge-watched the movies with a friend who loves them (that's called good moral support). But I struggle with which is worse - the horrible tropes in Buffy and Angel or the let's make vampires sexy but mysterious vibe in Twlight.

Enter Ilona Andrews to the rescue.

I really enjoyed Magic Bites. There were many twists that I didn't expect, and it was nice to have it set as sort of a mystery book. Having come off of a murder mystery that was worlds (literally) different, Bites kept right on par with what I loved about the last book in a completely different way.

Kate is what Buffy's character could have been - and certainly far more talented than some of the characters from other spin-offs. I'd love to see Kate Daniels as a series of some sort even (yes, I enjoyed the story that much). It was a fun, quick read with enough depth to hold my interest (a challenge as this was the 5th book in 4 days).

I plan to tackle the rest of the Kate Daniels' books in Andrews' series once I'm done with this list. 39 more to go!

Happy Reading!
--Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment