Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Sixth Week of Reading - Reflections

Snowpocalypse 2019 proved helpful for pounding out 5 books in one week. What a week for reading I had!

I think all the books I read this week were amazing. I finished Samadhi, which is a very dense book. I was having to read it just one section at a time so that I could appropriately meditate and take action. Combining the teachings and knowledge from Samadhi with others I've read is proving powerful indeed. And, i'm finding my authentic voice along the way.

Mark of the Assassin was an incredibly fun read. I can't wait to read more of Silva's work, and I love that I now have other easy reads to break up the denser stuff I find myself gravitating towards. I'm learning so much about myself through reading the variety of books I'm exposed to. It's pretty phenomenal.

I am unlikely to finish any books this week - I think I will be taking it easy and just reading lightly here or there. As a new guinea pig mom, I have a habitat to build to keep the critters happy and healthy. Plus there is the normal mom stuff of cleaning, keeping the kiddo fed and engaged, and then finding me time.

Two fiction books and the 2nd to last of my non-fiction for the year, Evolve Your Brain are sitting on my nightstand, so we'll see what I accomplish. I think Evolve is probably what I'll finish, but we'll see what I feel inspired to do this week.

Happy Reading!
--Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment