Thursday, August 15, 2019

Review: European Travels of the Monstrous Gentlewoman (Theodora Goss)

Goss is bloody brilliant, and I'm excited for the 3rd book in the series to arrive Sept 30.

I found European Travels to be even better than her first book (which now costs more than 2 schillings due to inflation). The depth of the character development was fantastic. I am thoroughly enjoying all of the characters, and can't wait to see what happens next.

Okay so the basic plot line - the daughter of Professor Van Helsing, Lucinda, reaches out to the Athena Club for help. Additionally, Mary's former governess happens to be Lucinda's governess, making Mary more intrigued. Plans are set in motion for a European continental trip when Lucinda is kidnapped. Conspiracy, paranoia, new monsters, a missing Sherlock, and some unlikely allies are at the helm of this adventure.

That's all I'm going to say - don't want to spoil too much!


I just could not put this down. I kept wanting more and more of the book.

And, as a spoiler, I'm happy to report Lucinda does indeed join the Athena club in the end, while Mary and Diana's relationship improves significantly.

Go read this. Read it now. And read the first one too.

Happy Reading!
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment