Friday, August 9, 2019

Review: Storm Front (Jim Butcher)

If I need something mindless - and I do mean truly mindless - with a touch of mansplaining throughout the entire book, then this first book in the Dresden files is perfect for that.

It was cute in the way Peewee Herman was cute. Harry Dresden is a practicing wizard-PI type. He's battling the dark forces of magic, a strange drug, and the council of wizards who are convinced he needs to be axed because he's inherently a bad guy.

Enter the bad guy wizard, who is using raw and unharnessed power of storms, but since he hasn't been through any training disaster strikes.

It's campy, and i'm really unsure if I can make it to book 4 as was suggested to me by a friend who's read all 15 books. (Then again, i suppose there must be a market for these if there are 14 additional books with similar flavor).

2 stars for me - not my favorite, but at least I got through it.

Happy Reading!
--Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment