Sunday, February 10, 2019

Review - Samadhi: Unity of Consciousness and Existence (Ivan Antic)

This will be a different review than I've given on other books. As this is less about my review/critique of Antic's writing, it will reflect more the spiritual and emotional growth I've been on in my journey.

Samadhi is a wonderful book for me to close on, or should I say pause with, on my journey of self discovery. Each section is brief - it hits on key elements that thread through Buddhism, quantum theory, and the very molecular structure of our physical and non-physical beings. It interweaves the various major religions and their teachings to highlight the oneness that really exists.

What really struck me was the sound ties back to science. In particular a quote from Nikolai Tesla hit quite a chord with me: "The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena (the deeds of the consciousness of the soul), it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."

I believe this more than ever. As I have journeyed into the depths of my own conscious and unconscious mind through meditation and careful self-examination, it has been the focus on the energetic aspects of the world around me that has helped shift me in the greatest of ways. Understanding and applying quantum theory to the possibilities that life affords is merely recognizing that no one has a pre-determined path. Fate exists to the extent we pre-determine our path, through our various addictions.

I am not the same person I was just a few short months ago. My physical world is upside down in a manner of speaking, yet I have the most inner peace and happiness that I can recall. Habits that have engrained themselves in me over my lifetime are being replaced with new ones, and more positive vibrational realities are coming into sharper focus.

This sort of self work has enabled me to react with kindness and love in ways that I likely would not have previously. Situations that would normally be hurtful - losing loved ones, as an example - are no longer a cause for grief, but rather something to find peace and joy from. And that fundamental shift in perspective has brought such peace to me.

I can actually monitor these results with my fitbit - situational anxiety (albeit years of it building) was causing physical issues for my health and well-being. I chose to start medication. When I started - my baseline 8 weeks ago was blood pressure and resting heart rate averages that bordered on having a heart issue. I wasn't sleeping. My anxiety was quite literally off the charts. My doctor fully expected me to be on the max dosing of the medication, and we came up with a plan to taper gradually so I could avoid those side effects. I let him know I was working on meditation and aligning my chakras as well, and he was pleased to know my efforts through therapy and other non-traditional treatments were part of a holistic path to be healthier.

As he has indicated at each one of my med checks, I am on 1/4 of the dose most people with similar levels of pre-medication anxiety need. I believe this is because of the hard work I am doing on myself, the meditation, and truly seeking to change all of the habits and thoughts that have programmed me up until this point in my life. We have agreed that I will continue my journey into aligning my consciousness and my reality through meditation, yoga, and other means - and the goal is that I will be able to either remain on such a low dose or get off of medication completely by the end of 2019.

These are obviously deeply personal thoughts, and not related directly to Samadhi. However, Samadhi has been part of my journey to a better, healthier, holistic me. And simply discussing the teachings and sharing my critique would not impress upon you the reader the potential or significance that unity of consciousness with existence could have.

My journey does not end here, and I look forward to continuing my growth and enlightenment.

Happy Readings!
--Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment